So, who is Baby Sheep? Baby Sheep is the parasite currently growing inside my (Liz's) belly. We like our little parasite so far. Lisa is not sure we should call it a parasite. But that's easy for Lisa to say since Baby Sheep does not make her throw up multiple times a day. Today, puking almost took place in the Acme grocery store in the frozen food aisle. Usually, grocery store puking occurs in the sea food section. Today was special.
Yesterday, we told our neighbor Mike that we are expecting a baby. He was very excited, until Lisa pointed to my belly. At which point he stood there with his mouth gaping open. After mumbling a few non-sensical words he finally explained he was speechless. [We had already gathered that.]
At this point, we may need to explain why neighbor Mike was so confused. You see, stereotypically speaking, Lisa is the one most assume would carry our baby. But, alas, we laugh in the face of stereotypes [even when we embrace them, which we often do]. Lisa is a very pretty, feminine woman. I am not [but Lisa says I'm very pretty and I tend to agree]. Anyhoo... initially, Lisa was going to have the baby because she is older and her eggs were running out of time. Being as I am a spring chicken, my eggs were put on the back burner. In January of this year, after about a year of inconsistent and at times non-existent periods, we went to a fertility clinic to get Lisa checked out. Turns out, Lisa's eggs had gone into early retirement.
Now, this may sound like a very sad thing to many of you reading this. You may worry about poor Lisa's feelings. The truth is, however, when Dr. John broke the news, Lisa's face lit up and her shoulders raised about 5 inches. Upon seeing Lisa turn into a picture of relief, I moved in--figuratively and literally. I leaned in front of Lisa and said: "So, Doctor, Let's talk about me then." We ran some tests and found out I am super fertile. On the way home that day, I told Lisa that maybe we could harvest some of my eggs and implant them in her. At that point, Lisa threw up in her mouth a little and looked at me like I had asked her to eat a live dog. "So," I asked Lisa, "What ever made you think you wanted to be pregnant if this is how you feel?" She said, "I don't know. I guess I wanted to take one for the team."
This is how Lisa became Femme Daddy and I became Butch Mommy.
More later...
A Life Well Lived
16 years ago

4 comments:
Hi, Baby Sheep. This is your Nana. I will enjoy reading about your progress. Ignore them if they call you a parasite. Tell them it is a symbiotic relationship.
I agree with Nana.
hi baby sheep! hi mommies! ;-)
This is hysterical! Can't wait to read more about baby sheep/parasite! By the way, "parasite" is not so bad. I have a friend that called one of her twins "skeletor" throughout her pregnancy.
Post a Comment