Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Annual Relocation and an Update on Pants

It seems every year we move. And that is what we are up to right now. I would like to say that we won't be moving next year this time, but I'm sure we will. We are really only moving this year to be closer to work for Baby Rick's impending arrival. Next year we may move back to Philly, who knows.

Anyway, the move is no big thing this time since we had to hire movers (me being pregnant and Lisa being back challenged). The great thing about moving when you are pregnant is that you get to be a slacker the whole time. The rotten thing about moving when you are pregnant is that you Have to be a slacker the whole time. The packing process is going amazingly slow.

The other advantage for ME of moving when pregnant is that I don't have to worry about what I am wearing. Who cares if I wear a wife beater and dirty, baggy shorts all day. Lisa thinks I'm beautifully pregnant no matter what I do. And I only leave the house to look for boxes at places where people just don't care. So, I haven't had to worry about the clothes issue at all and I won't have to worry for at least another week. But I have gotten some good advice since the last posts. For example (because I know there are some very interested parties out there): don't count on overalls because you may inadvertently wet your pants in the last trimester. It might be cheaper to buy cheap men's pants and have them tailored with elastic stuff. Or, courtesy of Ann "Boo" Hamada and Kevin Aptowicz--the Bella Band (http://www.ingridandisabel.com/bellaband.html). You just leave your pants un-buttoned and put this elastic band over your pants and they stay on. Or, you buy baggy pants and the band keeps them from falling down. Also, many folks have insisted that I will have to suck it up and wear maternity pants in the last weeks. The best options people have suggested for least-girly-maternity wear has been Old Navy. That will have to do if worst comes to worst.

So, for now, I will stick with my loose fitting men's shorts. Next I will wear loose fitting men's pants. Then I will get a Bella Band and either have men's pants tailored or buy some Old Navy pants.

Here's to Pants!

And, please, help me hold this over Rick's head in his teen years when he is putting his mommies through hell. Tell him, "Rick, your Mommy Liz wore lady's pants for you! Show her the respect she has earned!"

1 comment:

J-Damn said...

Better yet, wear a stretchy skirt - the kind that are gypsy-ish. That will really allow you to put Rick through hell.