Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We Caved

So, we changed our minds about finding out the sex of the baby. We found it out. You know, part of me feels like we wimped out and ruined the surprise, but we are having so much fun now calling the baby by name instead of It, Parasite, Pukey McPukinstein, or any of the other names we had for it. (Of course, I still use those names sometimes. They just fit.)

Anyhooo... As exciting as finding out the sex was, the most exciting part was when the tech--the best tech ever, by the way--flipped the screen around so Lisa and I could see it together to show us our baby holding up a pointy finger as if to say, "And one more thing..." Looked just like me. I was quite proud. We are going to have a bossy, know-it-all of a baby. That will be the Ruchti side of the family's contribution.

I am not normally a fan of sharing ultrasound photos, but that one kicks ass. I am going to scan it sometime soon and put it on the blog. It's so funny, and the hand looks huge next to the tiny head. (Hmmm... I wonder what that tells us about our baby.)

I also need to get a picture of me on this thing because I'm finally starting to look clearly pregnant (I'd like to see them kick me out of the women's bathroom now!). So, yeah, my stomach is huge and looks really funny next to my scrawny chicken legs.

More later!

3 comments:

mruchti said...

Are you SERIOUS?! You can't blog about knowing the sex of the baby and not tell!! You must tell!!!

Baby Sheep, aka Patrick Ross Ruchti said...

well, isn't it obvious? I said it was just like me.

Unknown said...

Liz, You may be grateful that Lil' Rick may have a smaller than average head - I'm just sayin'....

xxoo
Auntie M