So, while Baby Rick likes to make me throw up on a regular basis still, while he likes to step on my bladder in the middle of an important teaching moment, while he keeps me up all night with his over-active antics... Do you know what he does to Lisa? He follows her voice around my belly! If she talks, he starts moving. If she speaks to the left side of my belly, he moves to that side. If she then speaks to the right side of my belly, he moves to that side. He's been doing this for about a week now, I think. Lisa can lead him around my belly like she has him on a leash! He loves her! And he doesn't make her throw up or anything. Well, he does make her go to McDonalds against her will, but he doesn't make her eat it, just buy it.
I'm pretty sure that Patrick likes Lisa best. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
A Life Well Lived
16 years ago

4 comments:
While Rick makes you throw up, I'm sure that Lisa will get her fair share of being thrown up on. And, since you seem to think that he likes her best, Lisa will likely be holding Rick during the numerous projectile puke moments. Don't worry - nature seems to have a way of making things balance out.
there are years yet where rick will say 'i hate you, mommy!' to lisa and come running to you. and you will laugh and laugh.
You should write a book entitled "100 reasons why growing a baby is better than growing a cucumber." It might work for the lesbian mommy-set, so long as they are old enough to remember that lame string of cucumber jokes. But you would have to put that photo on the cover, because it is just farmerlicious. Glad your esthetic is doing well.
Now about the "who does Rick like best" blog, well, that will continue for your lifetime I'm sure. Just remember that the answer to that question is always "Rick likes Aunt Jennie and Uncle Chris best." Sorry folks, its the way of the world. And I'm sure the grandparents would weigh in on this one as well. I have a feeling Rick will be very grandparent-spoiled and so you are doomed. It's a losing battle, just give up now.
And I have to add, for no reason whatsoever: Yaaaaaaay baby Rick!!!! (can you tell I'm excited for you?)
Is Lisa using her "Jell-o salad lady" voice when she talks to baby Rick? That may be the reason.
BTW, the suspenders rock.
Aunty M
Post a Comment