So, we have been putting together Baby Rick's room. It's overwhelming, let me say. We have lots of stuff already--generously donated by family and friends, and we have lots of stuff coming from Nana and Papa Straight sometime soon. For now, though, we needed the basics to get the room started. So, I recruited our trusted student and future Rick sitter, Alex, to go to BabiesRUs with me and find those basics. It was supposed to be a quick trip, but it took us hours to figure out what kind of mattress pad to get for the changing table. And then we had to find a sheet to go with it. I told everyone in the store that my inability to do this efficiently was Alex's fault. She appreciated that.
Anyhoo... The room is sort of put together now. It is a nice mix of little girl and little boy stuff and a whole lot of stuff in between. (We have lots of nieces so we have a bunch of pink stuff. We have been getting boy stuff lately. We mostly bought gender neutral stuff ourselves, though. It works well.)
On the vomit front: Rick no longer likes McDonalds, which is great; but I have yet to figure out what he does like--other than pizza. He also doesn't like my old standby of protein bars. If I try and eat salads or even carrots... well, watch out. Oh, and raisin bran is out now. It's no wonder I'm losing weight again. But, don't worry, I checked with the mid-wives and they aren't worried. I am still healthy and Rick is a friggin soccer player (he's taking after his Aunt Amber already). He's doing great and getting all the nutrients he needs. I may be sick everyday, but I'm having a great time anyway. So, don't worry about our health and the mid-wives asked me to tell everyone to stop scaring me with your worries.
On the clothing front, it's almost time for me to move to stretchy pants. I have decided to take Ann "Boo" Hamada McClaughlin's advice and get one of the students in the costume shop in the theatre dept. to convert my pants into maternity pants. The cast for the play we just finished bought me a new, sturdier pair of suspenders too, so my pants haven't fallin off at all in days. (They also bought Patrick two pairs of argyle socks--the play was about a man who has a fetish for his father's argyle socks. Aren't the actors sweet?)
That's all for now, I guess. This was not an exciting blog, but I have been told that an update was needed. Here you have it. Oh, and my pictures to come later.
A Life Well Lived
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment