So, I always swore I would never let anyone take or, at least, disseminate pictures of my naked belly just because I am pregnant. This, however, is too funny looking not to share. I can make my belly button pop out at will and then pull it back in. Initially, I took the picture myself, and it was a good closeup, but the picture I took didn't look like a belly at all. It looked like a breast and while, as you can tell from this photo, no one should ever mistake a big pregnant belly for a breast of mine, I decided to have Lisa take the picture instead. Unfortunately, you can't quite see the outie as well here, but you get the overall idea, I think. You also get to see me at most typical: sitting in my recliner reclining while Lisa does stuff for me. Life pregnant is good--except for the daily vomiting, lower-back pain, shooting pains in the belly, leg cramps, and constant hunger. All that aside (hell, all that included) I really like being pregnant.
On a more practical note, my belly is clearly really big now, which means it is time to move on to stretchy maternity pants. I think I have a student who will turn my current big pants into maternity pants by replacing the top of my jeans with stretchy stuff. Any idea, anyone out there, what kind of stretchy stuff I need to buy so it can be sewn onto my pants. I've been putting this off for too long I think. Patrick has been trying to crawl out through my belly button and stretching my gut into a new zip code (F.Y.I. the stretch marks in the photo are old, but the pain in my stomach is all new, let me tell you). Oh, and don't worry Mom, my hair just needs to be combed. It's normally much prettier :).
That's all for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment